One person found dead, two unresponsive from generator running in Daytona Beach home

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - One person is dead from an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Daytona Beach due to a generator running inside of a home. 

Two others inside of the home were found unresponsive and transported to the hospital for further treatment. At this time, their condition is unknown. 

Two adults, one child dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando

Stay safe during and after a storm

The Daytona Beach Fire Department took the time to remind residents that generators need to be kept outside in order to get proper air flow. They should never be used indoors and should be kept away from open doors, windows and vents. They urged residents to invest in carbon monoxide detectors. 

Print this article Back to Top