Florida is home to some beautiful historic architecture, and you have a chance to vote on your favorite.
The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA Florida) 2020 People’s Choice Competition focuses on 28 historically and architecturally significant hotels and inns to shine a light on Florida’s number one industry, tourism.
The public can vote on their favorite historic hotel, and voting ends Friday at 11:59 PM EST. Here are the 2020 People’s Choice Competition’s current standings:
1. Lodge at Wakulla Springs
2. Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Contemporary Tower, Orlando
3. The Don CeSar , St. Pete Beach
4. The Breakers Resort, Palm Beach
5. Casa Monica Resort & Spa, St. Augustine
6. The Southernmost House, Key West
7. Florida House Inn, Fernandina Beach
8. Postcard Inn on the Beach, St. Pete Beach
9. The Birchwood, St. Petersburg
10. The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort
Last year, the contest garnered 1.6 million votes and ultimately resulted in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™ at Universal Studios Florida® taking first prize.
You can vote for more than one building. To see all the choices and cast your vote, click here.