TAMPA, Fla. — How Floridians over the age of 65 schedule their second COVID-19 vaccination is changing starting Wednesday, February 17.
According to the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM), all four state-supported vaccination sites will begin scheduling second dose appointments on-site after an individual has received their first dose.
"This will streamline the appointment process, and moving forward, individuals who receive their first dose at a state-supported vaccination site will no longer need to wait to receive a call back from the state to schedule their second dose appointment," FDEM said.
The four state-supported vaccination sites include:
- University Mall in Hillsborough County, which will be relocated to Raymond James Stadium the week of March 1
- Regency Mall in Duval County
- Hard Rock Stadium in Miami-Dade County
- Marlins Park in Miami-Dade County
COVID-19 Vaccine: Where people 65 and older can get vaccinated in the Tampa Bay area
FDEM said individuals who are still waiting to schedule their second dose appointment after already receiving the first dose should:
- Call their designated county helpline, which can be found on floridahealthcovid19.gov
- Visit myvaccine.fl.gov
- Provide their contact information
- Select the box that says, “Are you seeking your first dose?”
- Select, “No, I am seeking my second dose,”
These individuals will be contacted within 48 hours to schedule their second dose appointment.