TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Police Department is offering residents free firearm safety and storage seminars.
Each seminar "is a beginner-level class that will teach participants: basic firearm handling techniques, the importance of practicing responsible gun ownership, and secure storage device options," according to the City of Tampa website.
Those who attend will be eligible to receive a $50 voucher toward the purchase of a firearm storage/safety device from Shooters World.
Seating is limited so Tampa residents who are 21 years old or older and are interested in attending must pre-register. After pre-registering, attendees will receive an email confirmation from a Tampa Police Department employee for admission to the seminar.
Seminars are being held:
- August 21, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 10065
- Cross Creek Boulevard Tampa, FL 33647
- August 25, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. 4602
- North Himes Avenue Tampa, FL 33614 *En Español*
- August 27, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 3818
- West Tampa Bay Boulevard Tampa, FL 33614
- August 30, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 1200
- East Lake Avenue Tampa, FL 33605
Please note, firearms, ammunition and/or weapons will not be permitted on site.
For more information or to pre-register, click here.