TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Police Department is offering residents free firearm safety and storage seminars.
Each seminar "is a beginner-level class that will teach participants: basic firearm handling techniques, the importance of practicing responsible gun ownership, and secure storage device options," according to the City of Tampa website .
Those who attend will be eligible to receive a $50 voucher toward the purchase of a firearm storage/safety device from Shooters World.
Seating is limited so Tampa residents who are 21 years old or older and are interested in attending must pre-register . After pre-registering, attendees will receive an email confirmation from a Tampa Police Department employee for admission to the seminar.
Seminars are being held:
- August 21, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 10065
- Cross Creek Boulevard Tampa, FL 33647
- August 25, 2018
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. 4602
- North Himes Avenue Tampa, FL 33614 *En Español*
- August 27, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 3818
- West Tampa Bay Boulevard Tampa, FL 33614
- August 30, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. 1200
- East Lake Avenue Tampa, FL 33605
Please note, firearms, ammunition and/or weapons will not be permitted on site.
For more information or to pre-register, click here .