TAMPA, Fla. -- School does not start in the Tampa Bay area for another month. We reached the point where moms and dads may be running out of affordable fun stuff to do with their kids.
The Summer Series at Tampa’s Curtis Hixon Park, a program by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, is helping parents out. The program offers free classes by ZooTampa, Salt Block Catering and more for kids all over the area.
Under a giant circus-style tent, there is also sandboxes, cornhole, art projects and more.
The classes are held three times a day: 9 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. No registration is needed. Just show up and have fun.
Here is the daily schedule:
- Monday: Barrett School of Music
- Tuesday: Salt Block Catering cooking class
- Wednesday: Hillsborough County Public Library craft-making
- Thursday: ZooTampa animal education and critter encounters
- Friday: Fitness classes for parents and kids
- Saturday: YMCA fitness classes
The Summer Series lasts until August 4.