Saving you money: the City of Pinellas Park is waiving the fees you pay to make upgrades on your home.
Pinellas Park leaders are offering free permits for improvements like: sidewalks, roofs, above-ground pools, fences, sheds, decks, driveways, garages and landscaping projects.
It'll save homeowners at least $50 but as much as several hundred dollars. The city is waiving permit fees for the next 2 1/2 weeks until March 24.
Think of it as a spring cleaning for the entire city. Pinellas Park hopes as one neighbor spruces their yard, others will join in too.
It's great news for Maria Filomena Rebelo who takes great pride in her home.
"People who go by say 'your house is so beautiful. it’s the nicest house in the neighborhood.' That makes me feel really good,” she added.
Rebelo recently added brick pavers to her driveway and is constantly helping her neighbors spruce up their yards.
"I help them weed, mow, pick up trash. I like having a clean neighborhood and we can all help each other," she said.
The city is also hosting a massive Pride In the Park spring cleanup on Saturday, March 11 where residents can drop off trash and yard waste at these sites between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Bank of America rear parking lot - 5100 block of 72nd Ave.
- Broderick Park - 6700 block of 62nd St.
- City Property - NW corner of 78th Ave.& 60th
- Home Depot parking lot - 4040 Park Blvd.
- Pinebrook Park Parking Lot - 7002 118th Ave.
- Sacred Heart Church Parking Lot - 8001 46th St.
- Skyview Recreation Parking Lot - 5400 block of 90th Ave.
- Waste Management/City Brush Transfer Site - 12950 40th St.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH US ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Sign up for Breaking News email alerts.