MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. — In order to control bus capacities and keep students safe, Manatee County School leaders are asking students to register to ride the school bus for the upcoming school year.
They will be assigned to a bus prior to riding, according to the school district website. Each student in your family should be individually registered online by June 30.
Unregistered students waiting at a bus stop without a parent/guardian present, will be transported to school and turned over to an administrator, according to the district.
Unregistered students will not be transported home after school.
Transportation home for unregistered students will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Please complete a separate Register to Ride request for EACH student that will be riding a bus.
- Eligible students will be assigned only ONE bus stop, determined by the address of the enrolling parent/guardian.
- Students that are NOT riding a bus to school should NOT Register to Ride.
- Students enrolled with Hardship are not eligible to ride a school bus, and should NOT Register to Ride.
- Students living less than two miles from their school are not eligible to ride a school bus (unless the area has been determined to be hazardous based on Florida Statute 1006.23), and should NOT Register to Ride.