POLK CITY, Fla. — Four teens were injured after an explosion in Polk City Thursday night.
Polk County Fire Rescue said the call came in at 7:37 p.m., of a bonfire explosion in the 8900 block of Hammock loop in Polk City. This all happened in the backyard, officials said.
Officials said one teen thought it was a "good idea" to pour gasoline on the fire.
Two girls and two boys were injured in the explosion.
All four teens were trauma alerts with two teens taken to Tampa General Hospital. Another teen was flown to TGH and another was taken to Lakeland Regional Health.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office and the Fire Marshall are investigating the incident.