CLEARWATER, Fla. -- The Clearwater Police Department announced one of its officers has tested positive for coronavirus.
Clearwater PD said that officer is the first from the agency to test positive. According to officials, that officer had been out sick for more than a week and is recovering at home.
Clearwater PD says it is taking the following steps to prevent further exposures to the virus;
• Taking temperatures of employees reporting for duty who work closely with
one another, such as in the communications center.
• Dispersing detectives from the main building to off-site locations, such as
closed recreation centers.
• Funneling more incident reports to be taken online or via the telephone to
minimize exposure for officers.
• Supplying surgical masks for employees to wear in areas of shared office
• Requiring employees to stay home if they have flu-like symptoms or a member
of their household has flu-like symptoms.
Story developing, refresh for updates. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.