WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. — Wesley Chapel High School in Pasco County has been evacuated after heavy smoke filled the band room in the school, according to Corey Dierdorff, the Public Information Officer with Pasco County Fire Rescue.
Pasco County Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene and determined the smoke was likely caused by a faulty heat strip. The school maintenance crew was working on the heater and when they turned on the heat strip, it started smoking.
Pasco County Schools says the students are in the media center.
Story developing, refresh for updates. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.