PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — A 30-year-old man had to be transported to the hospital as a trauma alert after a fireworks mishap on New Year's Eve in Dade City.
Pasco County Fire Rescue responded to a home near the intersection of 17th Street and Marshall Drive around 9:27 p.m. Monday. Authorities say that the firework went off in the man's hand.
The man was transported to Lakeland Regional Media Center as a level two trauma alert.
No additional information has been released at this time.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.