Pasco County and United Way Partners have teamed up to create a local fund to help the victims of the Sinkhole that destroyed two homes in Land O' Lakes Friday morning.
100 percent of the donated funds will be used to assist the victims in their recovery.
Seven homes were impacted by the sinkhole: Two were completely destroyed and five homes were tagged as unsafe for entry and have been evacuated as a precaution.
"Repair and recovery expenses will push these residents beyond their financial capacity," Pasco County Government said in a released statement.
United Way will seek donations to match those made by concerned citizens in the community.
"Our ability to work together alongside businesses, government, donors, and community leaders to answer this crisis demonstrates how we LIVE UNITED in Pasco County," said Alice Delgardo, President/CEO of United Way of Pasco County.
Citizens who need help can reach out to the following:
* American Red Cross
* The Salvation Army of Pasco County
* Monday-Friday Pasco County Human Services at 727.847.2411
* Or call the United Way of Pasco County 2-1-1; toll free at 1-877-828-8929
Ways to give:
* Text the word SINKHOLE to 41444
* Donate online - unitedwaypasco.org
* Mail gift to - United Way of Pasco County - 17230 Camelot Court Land O'Lakes, FL 34638