DADE CITY, Fla. — The 3-year-old girl injured in the Pasco County house fire that killed her brother and grandfather is improving, according to her mother Emily Maier.
The community organized a car wash Sunday afternoon, to raise money for the family. Emily said that's not all the community has done for them.
- 3-year-old girl still critical after fire kills 4-year-old brother and grandfather, family says
- Mother calls 4-year-old killed in house fire a hero, says his organs will save two newborns
"People have actually done bake sales and cookie sales," she said. "Before this happened I always felt like was alone. I'm impressed with all the support and love I've gotten. "
Emily's 4-year-old son, Zayden Maier, her daughter, Alani Jiles, and her 61-year-old grandfather, Donald, were all asleep when a fire broke out in their Dade City house, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue.
Her son Zayden and her father were killed in the house fire. Alani was the only survivor.
At this time, Alani is still in the hospital where she is listed in critical condition. Doctors say she is expected to survive, according to Emily.
There are donation boxes set up to help pay for Alani's medical bills at the following Burger King locations:
- 30005 State Road 52, San Antonio
- 28136 State Road 54 , Wesley Chapel
- 5610 North Gall Blvd, Zephyrhills
- 20590 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa