PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — A one-year-old was airlifted to a local hospital after being bit by a dog.
The Pasco County Fire Rescue said the baby was bitten by a dog at the intersection of Sparkman Road and River Road in Dade City.
The child was on the floor of their home playing with the dog when it bit the baby in the face, officials said.
The parents picked the baby up and were driving to a hospital. Just a few blocks down, they saw a Dade City officer and flagged him down.
The officer called Pasco County Fire Rescue and when they evaluated the child, they called Bayflight and the baby was taken to the hospital.
This is a developing story, get the latest breaking news on ABC Action News