An elderly woman escaped a large house fire in Clearwater early Monday morning.
The call came in around 3:31 a.m. for a reported house fire on 3312 San Carlos Street in Clearwater.
Clearwater firefighters battled the fire and nearby houses were evacuated as a precaution. The fire did not spread to adjacent houses in the neighborhood.
There were no reported injuries. Margaret Ulasky, 84, was the homeowner who escaped the fire.
The investigation revealed the fire was accidental, and officials believe smoking in bed was the cause of the blaze.
Story Developing. Stay with ABC Action News for updates.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH US ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Sign up for Breaking News email alerts.