TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Mayor Jane Castor wants children to set their phones down and play outdoors before the school year begins.
Her Summer Splash Down challenge is encouraging kids to visit the Parks and Recreation Department's public pools.
Children between the ages of 5 and 18 can win a Back to School gift card by visiting one of Tampa's pools during open swim hours.
The 100 kids with the most daily visits between July 15 and August 10 will win a gift card.
The pools participating in Summer Splash Down are:
- Bobby Hicks Pool, 4201 W Mango Ave.
- Copeland Pool, 11001 N 15th St.
- Cuscaden Pool, 2900 N 15th St.
- Cyrus Greene Pool, 2101 E Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Danny Del Rio Pool, 10105 N Boulevard
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Pool, 2200 N. Oregon Ave.
- Interbay Pool, 4321 Estrella Ave.
- Loretta Ingraham Pool, 1611 N Hubert Ave.
- Roy Jenkins Pool, 154 Columbia Dr.
- Spicola Family Pool, 2615 E Corrine St.
- Sulphur Springs Pool, 701 E Bird St.
- Williams Park Pool, 4362 E Osborne Ave.
For more information about Mayor Jane Castor's Summer Splash Down, go online to www.tampagov.net/pools or visit one of the participating pools.