TAMPA, Fla. -- Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center is now offering Curbside Cuddle pick-ups and Cuddle Shuttles to help find more animals forever homes.
The center waived all adoption fees to help clear the shelter during the coronavirus pandemic. These new services allow adopters to get their new furry family members even if they can't make it to the shelter.
Staff members will complete the adoption virtually and help schedule a curbside pick-up or delivery. It's important to note, the Cuddle Shuttles are limited and only deliver at select locations in the county.
Here's how it works:
- Click here to view the center's online kennel. Each animal has up-to-date notes, so adopters know everything the shelter does about each pet.
- Once you find your new furry family member, click here or call (813) 272-5900 to submit a request. You will need to provide your full name (as shown on driver's license or state-issued ID); contact information including phone number and email; and the pet ID (this will begin with A and include 7 numbers, i.e. A0000001).
- If the pet is still available, shelter staff will finalize the adoption.
- When the adoption is approved, staff with work with you to set up a pick-up time. If that isn't possible, staff will work with you to set up a delivery.
- Adopters will have to show ID at the time of pick-up or delivery and sign finalized adoption papers.