TAMPA, Fla. — The City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department is distributing free bottled water to city residents while the city is under a boil water notice.
Residents will not be required to show ID. Bottled water is limited to 1 case per household. Households with more than 4 members may receive 2 cases.
While picking up water, residents may also pick up their free face coverings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Residents can pick up 2 face coverings per person; no ID is required.
Residents can pick up bottled water or face coverings Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Beginning Wednesday, December 9, pick up is from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m, while supplies last, at the following four (4) locations:
- Himes Ave. Sports Complex - 4501 S. Himes Ave.
- MacFarlane Park - 1700 N. MacDill Ave. (near the basketball courts – turn onto Main St. from MacDill Ave)
- Al Barnes Park - 2902 N. 32nd St.
- New Tampa Community Center - 17302 Commerce Park Blvd.
Businesses in need of bottled water and face coverings can visit the following location from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, December 9:
- Al Lopez Park - 4810 N. Himes Ave.
- While supplies last
- Businesses will be required to show their business license and fill out a form
- Bottled water is limited to 5 cases per business
- Face coverings are only for staff and customers
- Requests can be made for the necessary quantity by completing the online form at tampagov.net/Masks.