TAMPA BAY, Fla. — As allergies are picking up in the Tampa Bay area, it's becoming harder to treat yourself. Over-the-counter eye drops are becoming hard to find.
ABC Action News found bare shelves at several different chain stores across the Tampa area.
Dr. Rima Sanka with Advanced Allergy and Asthma Care said it is not just over-the-counter drops, but some prescription drops are out of stock too.
For those who need immediate relief, a doctors visit to find a proper treatment may be imperative.
However, if you have mild symptoms, you can call around to different stores to see when their next shipments are expected.
Dr. Sanka suggests prevention -- a phrase called, "tricking the trees."
- Change your clothes as soon as you get home
- Leave your shoes at the door, so you don't carry pollen in
- Wash your hair immediately, as pollen carries in your hair
- Take a shower before bed
- Wash your face throughout the day
- Wear glasses, a hat, or any protection while outdoors
Although, the season is extremely busy, Dr. Sanka said she's able to still make appointments.
For more information from Dr. Sanka, click here.