TAMPA, Fla. — There are four locations throughout Hillsborough County giving out free cloth face coverings.
An executive order requiring face masks to be worn in Hillsborough County goes into effect at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24. The order was passed by the county's Emergency Policy Group on Monday.
The masks are free and reusable. The EPG says 2 million of the cloth masks have been ordered from the state for public distribution.
The distribution locations are:
- E.G. Simmons Park, 2401 19th Ave. NW in Ruskin
- Upper Tampa Bay Park, 8001 Double Branch Road in Tampa
- Lake Park, 17302 N. Dale Mabry Highway in Lutz
- Lithia Springs Park, 3932 Lithia Springs Road in Lithia
According to a press release the locations are open:
- Wednesday, June 24 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, June 25 and Friday, June 26 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, June 29 through Thursday, July 2 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The sites are open while supplies last. Each person in a vehicle will get two face coverings and the driver can also request masks for immediate family members who are not present.