Hillsborough County Fire Rescue responded to a fire at the Rivertree Landing Apartments near King High School in Temple Terrace Sunday night.
A resident in one apartment was using the stove to cook, and forgot to shut the appliance off, resulting in a fire. The fire quickly spread to a neighboring unit. Those two apartments were destroyed. Two other units suffered heavy smoke and water damage.
Everyone was able to evacuate the apartments safely. However, two people were treated for breathing complications after the fire.
A total of 13 people were displaced from their homes as a result of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting those families.