NewsCitrus, Hernando County


Fantasy 5 Florida lottery ticket worth $100K expires Tuesday night at midnight

Check your lottery tickets!
Posted at 2:19 PM, Nov 01, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-28 07:27:37-05

Someone won $98,260 on a Fantasy 5 Florida Lottery ticket, but no one knows who because the prize has yet to be claimed.

Jennifer Mowatt is a cashier at EZ Discount Liquor, she said, "I’m hoping that somebody says, it was me, I got it, I found my ticket!"

The ticket was purchased at EZ Discount Liquor in Spring Hill at 2:08PM on June 1st. The winning numbers 02-08-22-29-31 were drawn that same night but no one has come forward with the winning ticket. The number are "Quick Pick" numbers which means they were machine generated. 

Mowatt said, "All the people that come here are from our community so it was nice to here that someone local hit such a nice amount."

Whoever holds the ticket has until Tuesday, November 28th to claim the prize. If no one claims it, 80 percent of the winnings will go to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund. The remaining 20 percent is returned to the prize pool from which future prizes are awarded or used for special prize promotions. 

The winner must present the ticket at a Florida Lottery District Office to claim the prize.