HAUS mosquito zapper LED light bulbs recalled due to shock hazard

Posted at 9:33 PM, Sep 09, 2016

More than 11,000 HAUS ZapBulb 2-in-1 mosquito zapper LED light bulbs are being recalled due to a shock hazard. 

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website, the light bulb’s base can separate from the connector, posing an electrical shock hazard.

There have been two reports of the bulb separating from the connector, but no injuries or property damage.

The recalled light bulbs have been sold online at Amazon, Groupon, Hammacher Schlemmer, Pulse TV, Sharper Image, Sportsman and Universal Direct from April 2016 through July 2016 for about $30.


  • 10-watt bulb with a white grid housing that measures about 3.1 inches high, 3.1 inches wide and 6.1 inches deep.
  • The grid housing has a blue light used to attract insects and an LED light below, for lighting.
  • Only units without any markings or labels are included in this recall.
  • SKU number IK 3000 is on the product’s packaging.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled light bulbs, turn off the power supply and contact Creative Sourcing for a free replacement mosquito zapper LED light bulb, including shipping, and instructions for removing and replacing the light bulb. Creative Sourcing will reimburse consumers if a professional electrician is needed to remove the recalled light bulb’s base.