WATCH | April welcomes new calf into the world, and it's a boy

Posted at 12:49 PM, Mar 31, 2017

The calf is here! April has given birth and after months of waiting and watching, we have finally met her new baby.

But April's baby boy doesn't have a name yet. Help The Animal Adventure Park in New York name April's calf at

Shortly before 7 a.m. April 15, April went into labor and two hooves were seen! We live streamed the exciting moment on our Facebook page. Watch below: 

WATCH HERE | Join GIRAFFE WATCH and watch live on our ABC Action News Facebook page

The Animal Park is raising money to support the Giraffe Conservation Foundation. They have created t-shirts based on April and there is even a text alert system in place for viewers to get messages when active labor begins. Get more info here

Pregnant woman re-enacts giraffe live stream wearing mask

PHOTOS | The best of April the giraffe while we wait for the birth of her calf

The Harpursville, New York, animal park first posted a live stream of April in February. Since then, the mother-to-be has become a viral sensation.

Patch said park officials called in a doctor because April had “progressed significantly overnight.”

On Friday, keepers say their "predictions suggest a calf today, tonight - we would be shocked to get through the weekend without our newest addition."

Fortunately for viewers who have waited for months to see the birth, giraffe deliveries are known for being relatively quick affairs.

“Once we are in full labor it’s a quick process,” Patch said. “It can be 30 to 60 minutes before we have a calf on the ground.”

The delivery marks the fourth calf for 15-year-old April, according to the park.

Animal Adventure Park describes itself as an “interactive educational animal park" on its website. The venue came under fire after gaining attention with its giraffe live stream, causing the live stream to be temporarily shut down.

April the giraffe's new calf will be a Toys 'R' Us kid, live feed snags sponsorship from toy giant

Patch attributed the temporary shut down to “some people that fundamentally disagree with what we do here, keeping animals in captivity.”

“So their tools to take down our cam, to punish us or take it off air was to report it to YouTube for having sexually explicit content,” he said. “Well it did go down but only for about 30, 60, maybe 90 minutes, and then it was back up due to popular demand and from there it has gone viral.”