Public schools are out for the semester, and for many that means more time to play!
The City of Tampa wants to make sure your kids have a safe place to go, so starting Friday, nearly a dozen places throughout the Bay Area will stay open late. Community c
Centers are extending their hours until midnight -- many of which will have their pools open til 8 p.m.
"We had to do something, because I didn't want to lose these kids to the streets," said Mayor Bob Buckhorn. "These are places where they can come and just be kids."
Programs include fitness classes, athletic training, 'Girls Fun Friday', music classes, computer classes... The list goes on.
Here's a good list to get you started:
Locations involved in 'Stay & Play' this summer that will be open until midnight include:
- Copeland Community Center (Pool remains open until 8 p.m. on select days)
- Cyrus Greene Community Center (Pool remains open until 8 p.m. on select days)
- Desoto Community Center
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center (Pool remains open until 8 p.m. on select days)
- Grant Park Activity Center
- Gwendolyn Miller Community Center
- Jackson Heights Community Center
- Springhill Community Center
- Williams Park-Activity Center (Pool remains open until 10 p.m.)
Spicola pool will remain open until 10 p.m.