Sheriff Grady Judd and the Polk County Sheriff's Office are reacting to the tragic shooting at a Texas church that took the lives of 26 innocent people on Sunday.
In a post on the Polk County Sheriff's Office Facebook page, Sheriff Judd shared his reaction to the shooting. He said "Sutherland Springs. Newtown. Charleston. Aurora. Blacksburg. Orlando. Sadly, these great cities have one tragic thing in common - an active shooter who killed innocent people. Polk County is a great place to live, but we are not immune to violence and tragedy. I’ve often said that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Please take advantage of this course that we’re offering, and get your concealed weapon permit.”
The Sheriff's Office is making sure their residents know about their next PCSO Concealed Weapons Course.
Here is the information about the classes:
- The next PCSO Concealed Weapons Course is scheduled for Saturday, DECEMBER 9, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the PCSO Training Center located at 2201 Old Bartow-Eagle Lake Road in Bartow.
- If the morning class fills up, we will have a second class in the afternoon on the same day, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- YOU MUST CALL 863-298-6242, during normal business hours (Mon-Fri, 8-5) to reserve your seat. Cost of the class is $45; proceeds go to Polk Sheriff's Charities, Inc., and the cost is non-refundable.
Students shall not wear loose hanging clothing and shall wear close-toed shoes. Each student will be required to provide the following:
- A modern manufacture firearm capable of using modern ammunition.
- 100 rounds of clean modern manufacture ammunition for said firearm.
- Modern manufacture protective eye-wear designed for a shooting environment.
- Modern manufacture hearing protection designed for a shooting environment.
- Adequate sun protection. (i.e. hat, long-sleeved shirt, sunscreen)
- Adequate hydration for extended outdoor activity.
Upon arrival at the Training Center, LEAVE ALL WEAPONS AND AMMO IN YOUR VEHICLE. Report to the designated classroom for instruction. The class will start on time. Students arriving late will be asked to reschedule for a later class.
Any questions about the CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION, please call Lieutenant Eric Rauch at the PCSO Training Section at 863-534-7200, during normal office hours. NEXT CLASS – DECEMBER 9, 2017 - CALL NOW!