The Florida Highway Patrol is recruiting for Floridians interested in pursuing a career with the FHP.
The law enforcement agency is hosting a Career Fair in Land O' Lakes on Thursday night. Officials will assist potential applicants interested in applying for openings in Brooksville, Land O' Lakes, Tampa and other locations across the state.
There are minimum requirements to join the Florida Highway Patrol:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must be a high school graduate or have earned your GED
- You must be at least 19 years of age when you apply
- You must have a valid driver's license
- You must have one the following: One year of law enforcement experience (sworn or non-sworn); two years of public contact experience; two years of active continuous U.S. military service with an honorable discharge; or completed 30 semester or 45-quarter hours of college credit from an accredited college or university.
The FHP Career Fair is being held from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Suncoast Office Operations Building located at 6638 Suncoast Parkway in Land O' Lakes.
Interested applicants with additional questions may call Sgt. Mellow Scheetz in FHP's recruitment section at (850) 617-2336 or visit www.BeATrooper.com.