Chef Jeffrey Hileman, executive chef at FarmTable Cucina and Locale Market, steps beyond traditional fare with his White Asparagus Soup.
He showcased the dish on Good Morning Tampa Bay Weekend Edition on Saturday, March 31, on ABC Action News. He was assisted by ABC Action News anchors Lauren St. Germain and Jasmine Styles,
Here is Chef Jeffrey's recipe:
White Asparagus Soup
1.5# white asparagus
3 cup heavy cream
1 cup vegetable stock
3 ounces crème fraiche
2 ounces shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 ounce vegetable oil
TT salt and white pepper
1. Heat stock pot and add blended oil.
2. sweat shallots, leeks and garlic; add butter.
3. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add heavy cream and stock; simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Blend in batches while adding crème fraiche.
6. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.