TAMPA, Fla. — Moms and dads love them.
Kiddos, not so much.
“First Day of School” pictures are a rite of passage that can be stressful for students and parents.
After all, there is a LOT going on, right?
But a few simple tips can help ease the process:
- Give yourself some extra photo time in the morning so you’re not so rushed. Also, getting to school a little early cuts downs on kids being distracted by friends and commotion while they’re posing.
- Instead of putting those wee squinty faces directly into blaring sunlight, find a well-lit shaded area to get that snapshot.
- Bring a hairbrush. Trust us. A lot can happen to a hairdo between home and the front steps of school.
- Using an accessory like bows, toys or handheld game (anything to put your child at ease) can calm kids down, but also give the pictures extra sparkle.
- Crack a joke. A good one. Or even a cheesy one. Moms and dads, if you’re on edge, your child will be, too.
- If you have time, scout out a choice photo spot in advance. Preparation is key, a good lesson for young and old.