TAMPA, Fla. — A new back-to-school resource launched on Monday by BayCare and St. Joseph's Children’s Hospital is there to help families prepare for the new and very different school year.
The free resource includes videos, articles and podcasts that address your health and safety concerns.
“Whether a child will go back to school in person or learn at home, we want to help them stay healthy – both physically and mentally,” said St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital President Sarah Naumowich. "On the back-to-school resource page, families have access to podcasts, videos and articles that offer health and safety information as well as the opportunity to find a pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Some of the featured content includes:
- Video interviews featuring BayCare experts regarding back-to-school safety and how to talk to kids about the best way to properly wear and store masks
- Podcast discussion regarding the decision to send kids back to school in person during COVID-19
- Animated videos for children that demonstrate the proper way to wear a mask, how to prevent the spread of germs and the proper way to wash your hands
- Articles that provide information on helping children cope with COVID-19, keeping kids safe while social distancing, how to kill germs in the home, and tips for keeping kids active while eLearning at home
- General back-to-school topics such as immunizations, backpack safety, healthy lunch options and signs of bullying
Click here for BayCare's back-to-school resource hub.