Electric range recalled after plumber dies from electrocution

Posted at 4:58 PM, May 21, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-22 06:29:02-04

An electric range has been recalled after a plumber dies from electrocution. Arcelik A.S. of Turkey and Beko US of Bolingbtook Ill has announce a voluntary recall of about 6,300 ranges.

The recall says that the “electric ranges can become energized because a screw was not installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards.”

One 52-year-old plumber died in August of 2016 because of the defect.

Bloomberg model BERU 24200 SS, BERU 24100 SS and Summit CLRE24 24-inch wide freestanding glass top electric ranges are part of the recall.

Consumers are advised to stop using the range and avoid direct contact with the product and contact Arcelik A.S. to schedule a free on-site repair.

Consumers can contact Arçelik toll-free at 877-271-1489 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at and click on Recall Information at the bottom of the page.