TAMPA BAY, Fla. — The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a recall on pre-cut melon due to possible salmonella contamination.
Caito Foods, LLC recalled it's pre-cut watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and fruit medley products containing melons.
"Do not eat recalled products," the CDC warns. "Check your refrigerator and freezer for them and throw them away or return them to the place of purchase for a refund."
The melons were sold at five Sprouts locations in the Tampa Bay area:
- Sprouts Farmers Market 33650 US Highway 19 N Palm Harbor FL
- Sprouts Farmers Market 8330 S. Tamiami Trail S. Sarasota FL
- Sprouts Farmers Market 1523 S. Dale Mabry Hwy. S. Tampa FL
- Sprouts Farmers Market 15110 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. Tampa FL
- Sprouts Farmers Market 3315 Lithia Pinecrest Rd Valrico F