Taco Bell is known for its tacos, burritos, Quesadillas, nachos, and a variety of 'value menu' items, but inspectors had to stop business at one location after finding a toxic item in the kitchen.
Taco Bell at 2357 US Highway 70 SE in Arcadia had to temporarily shut down on September 13 because raw sewage and wastewater was backing up through the floor drains in the kitchen.
Our I-Team also uncovering other violations including an accumulation of black/green mold on the soda dispensing drink nozzles located in the drive thru area, no paper towels provided at the hand wash sink, no ambient thermometer in the reach in cooler at the cook line, making impossible for employees to know if food was at dangerous temperatures and a case of single service items stored on the floor in the dry storage area.
ABC Action News Anchor Wendy Ryan reached out to the restaurant and spoke with Manager Chris Wilkins, who said he could not make a comment.
Wilkins referred Ryan to Luihn Food, the company that owns this Taco Bell.
Ryan called Marketing Director Teresa Eberwein but she never returned her calls or emails.