TAMPA, Fla. — Creatures of the Night will return to ZooTampa this year with some modified health and safety measures to ensure some spooky family fun. The event will be mostly outdoors and will run on 11 select nights from Friday, October 2 to Saturday, October 31 from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
This year's Creatures of the Night will be themed around campfire tales, featuring plenty of outdoor Halloween experiences and characters. The event will operate at a limited capacity, so guests are encouraged to purchase date-specific tickets with reserved entry times in advance.
New attractions and experiences for 2020:
- The Realm of the Spider Queen: Trek through a spooky spider cave and emerge at a high energy dance celebration presided by the queen.
- Siren’s Song: Enter the underwater world of the siren where she lures unsuspecting pirates with her song and transforms them to stone.
- Camp Creepstastic: Experience the only “Summer Camp” that welcomes guests in the Fall and is solely focused on telling creepy tales around the campfire.
- Dinos Out of Time: Dinos are wreaking havoc in the modern-day world. Help the explorers take the dinosaurs back to their prehistoric time.
- Pirate Party Pants: Usually dead men tell no tales, but these spooky pirates have plenty of stories to share. Join them for a party full of games, dancing and a good ole jolly time.
- Clown Carousel: A caravan of clowns has set up residence around ZooTampa’s famous carousel. Come enjoy a ride and laugh with our silly pranksters!
Returning attractions include Twisted Tales with everyone's favorite storybook villains, eerie encounters at Rising Waters, the fall harvest at Pumpkin Palooza and delicious food plus wicked cocktails around the zoo.
Additional safety precautions will be in place including temperature checks, social distancing, enhanced sanitation of attractions and mask requirements in limited indoor locations. All staff members including costumed characters will wear masks.
Tickets will be available online. General admission starts at $24.95. Children 12 and under are allowed to come dressed in costume, but toy weapons are prohibited.
To learn more about Creatures of the Night at ZooTampa, click here.