ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.—Iberian Rooster has updated their menu to include some new food-conscious options. The colonial Portuguese fusion restaurant in downtown St. Pete has expanded their horizons with gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- CHIMICHURRI STEAK (GF) | Tender sirloin, purple Peruvian potatoes, beet puree, turmeric oil, wilted beet greens & kale, chimichurri, and chorizo oil.
- SHISHITO PEPPERS (V) (GF) | Tofu, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, cucumber ribbons, yogurt, microgreens, and chili oil; served on chimichurri.
- DUCK FAT BRAISED PORK BELLY (GF) | Duck fat braised Nueske’s pork belly, baby red beets, baby golden beets, and potato shoestrings.
- MINCHI POT PIE | A puff pastry with chorizo, ground beef, onions, potatoes, and Macanese pan gravy inside. Topped with coconut rice and a "sunny side up" egg.
- KARI DEBAL (DEVIL’S CURRY) (GF) | Marsala coconut curry vegetable mix, basmati rice, and cucumber yogurt.
- RACK OF LAMB (GF) | Sous vide Rack of Lamb, pumpkin seeds, sumac red onions, squash, cardamom, lemon curry leaf rice, pomegranate reduction.
“A food conscious menu is being...we think of responsibility,” said managing partner Jason Schofield. “Like how does it affect the environment, where is it coming from, are you using what is the best ingredients to represent your brand, the style of food that you’re cooking...just using the ingredients in the best way you can.”
Iberian Rooster is also introducing cocktails fleets—an option for guests to try miniature cocktails, much like you could with a beer flight. Customers just pick which type of liquor they would like and choose from 4-5 classic libations.
To learn more about Iberian Rooster and the new menu, click here.