TAMPA, Fla. — "Hamilton" is one of the most talked about musicals in the country and everyone is dying to see it, even if it costs them. But for a few lucky lottery winners, tickets will only be $10.
The Straz Center is working in conjunction with producer Jeffrey Seller to set aside 40 tickets for every performance to be sold for $10 each in a digital lottery.
Here's how to enter:
- Use the official app for "Hamilton," now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 a.m. ET two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 a.m. ET the day prior to the performance. Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 a.m. ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided). Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 p.m. ET the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 p.m. ET the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable.
"Hamilton" will run between February 12 and March 10, 2019 at the Straz Center. The digital lottery will open at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10 for tickets to the Tuesday, Feb. 12 performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance.