If you're looking for something fun to do this weekend (4/28-4/30), there's plenty of action happening around the Tampa Bay area.
Friday, April 28:
Gulfport Grand Prix
- If you’re a fan of boat racing, get ready for the first annual Gulf Port Grand Prix! The event will feature Formula 1 Powerboat Racing and a boat show. It kicks off at 6 a.m. in Gulfport.
2017 Sunscreen Film Festival
- Voted as one of the “25 Coolest Film Fests” in the country by MovieMaker Magazine, the Sunscreen Film Festival showcases some of the best independent films from around the world. Serving as an internationally recognized event, filmmakers and film lovers will have the chance to catch more than 100 short and feature films on multiple screens throughout the entire weekend.
Egypt Shrine Circus
- The circus has arrived! Featuring circus clowns, animal acts, exciting performances, food and family fun, the Egypt Shrine Circus will have something everyone can enjoy. The circus will run through all weekend at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
- Attention hard rock fans! 98ROCKFEST kicks off Friday night at the Amalie Arena in Tampa with Soundgarden headlining the event. Other hardcore favorites included in the lineup are A Day to Remember, Pierce the Veil, Highly Suspect, Beartooth, Nothing More, Starset, Loose Talk and Dinosaur Pile-Up. The event begins at 6 p.m.
- Fourth Friday Downtown Tampa - Fourth Friday is a monthly celebration of Tampa’s downtown arts and culture scene. Free wristbands will give you access to museums and art venues with extended hours and special offerings, free Pirate Water Taxi rides and downtown restaurant deals.
Saturday, April 29:
2017 Mayor’s Mac & Cheese Throwdown
- Arguably the cheesiest event of 2017 so far, the Mayor's Mac & Cheese Throwdown returns for the fourth year to Curtis Hixon Park in Tampa. Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn will be in attendance to help judge the best mac & cheese the Bay area has to offer.
- Movies in the Park - Looking for a free, fun, family-friendly event after the blazing sun goes down? Catch a movie at Water Works Park! The Wizard of Oz will begin airing at 8 p.m., so bring a blanket or chair to sit on!
Sunday, April 30:
Top Local Chef
- Chefs from the bay’s top restaurants will be facing off against one another in the 2017 Top Local Chef competition Sunday night. Celebrity chef Ray Lampe, better known as Dr. BBQ, will be the head judge of the competition.
- 34th Annual St. Anthony’s Triathlon - From swimming, biking and running, extreme athletes will be competing in the 34th Annual St. Anthony’s Triathlon.
Did we miss an event? Email us your events at TasteSee@wfts.com.