About 30,000 cases of Sabra hummus sold nationwide is being recalled due to a possible Listeria contamination.
Listeria is a food-borne illness that can cause high fevers and nausea in minor cases, but the infections can be fatal to people with weakened immune systems and young children, along with causing miscarriages in pregnant women.
The Sabra Dipping Co. is a joint venture of PepsiCo and Strauss Group.
The recalled products include:
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 10-ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822011143 / 300067
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 30-ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822014687 / 300074
- Sabra Classic Hummus without Garnish in 32 ounce sizes with UPC/SKU 040822342049 / 301216
- Sabra Classic Hummus in 17-ounce six-packs with UPC/SKU 040822017497 / 301290
- Hummus Dual Pack Classic/Garlic 23.5 ounce with UPC/SKU 040822342209 / 301283