Crews are beginning the process of picking up storm debris from Hurricane Hermine. Residents are required to separate items on the right of way near their home.
Meanwhile, the number of homes destroyed by Hurricane Hermine rose over the weekend. The number of homes destroyed by the storm now stands at twenty-three. County officials say the damage is more than $111-million.
"This is the costly storm that Pasco has seen since at least 1993," said Emergency Manager Kevin Guthrie.
County officials are trying to get federal relief dollars. FEMA representatives started their damage assessment on Sunday. Reps went door to door taking pictures and talking to flood victims.
"They are just trying to see if what we found last week agrees with their methodologies as well," said Guthrie.
FEMA could recommend the county for a federal disaster declaration, which could make funds available for residents. Jeffrey Lashley lost his mobile home in the storm. He is really hoping to get some type of relief.
"The trailer is too old for the insurance to cover it, so it all falls on me so I have to demolish the trailer and clean property up all by myself," said Lashley.
County officials should know by the end of the week if the county will receive federal funds. Residents with questions about debris removal can call 727-847-2411.