Getting to know actress Elizabeth Jean "Busy" Phillips with "10 questions"
4:47 PM, Jan 26, 2014
1:35 AM, Jan 27, 2014
TAMPA, Fla - Are you ever curious about the real lives of politicians, celebrities, local newsmakers and athletes?
Each Tuesday, ABC Action News asks 10 questions of a Bay area leader, politician or even national celebrity.
We go beyond the questions that are news of the day. After all sometimes, we want know more about them. What's their favorite music? Biggest regret? And who do they look up to?
This week actress Elizabeth Jean Phillips, known as Busy Phillips answers our 10 questions.
It's really a cute story on how she got her nickname. Her parents gave it to her. They say as a young child she could not stop moving around-thus nicknaming her Busy!
She said the nickname stuck; it's on her credit cards! But she said not on her driver's license.
She is probably best known for her roles on the TV series "Freaks and Geeks" and "Dawson's Creek." She's also appeared in several major motion pictures and recently starred as Laurie Keller on the former ABC series "Cougar Town."
She started getting her face out there as a child, working as a real life Barbie on the toy fair circuit
As a young actor she won a teen choice award.
1. What is your all-time favorite song?
Probably "This Will be Our Year" by the Zombies. We played it at our wedding right when we kissed.
2. Do you have a smartphone? If so, what is your favorite app?
I have an iPhone and honestly, I get the most use out of my Twitter app!
3. Have you come up with a few things you'd like to do before you die? If so, what's on your bucket list?
I haven't really thought about it that much. I'm more of a person who seems lucky enough to do the things I want to do when I want to do them. BUT, If I were to die tomorrow, the ONLY thing I'd really regret is not getting to see my little girl grow up.
4. Who do you count as your mentor(s)?
Oh gosh. Courtney Cox and Christa Miller for sure. My agent Lorrie Bartlett. My mom is my cake mentor. (she taught me how to decorate cakes, a hobby I continue to this day!)
5. What was your very first job?
Hostess at California Pizza Kitchen on Scottsdale Road in Arizona.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I wish I could be more forgiving to myself about my body. I wish I could love where I'm at and not always be thinking about how to get thinner or more fit.
7. What do you consider your greatest success?
My marriage and my kid so far...
8. Tell us something about you most people don't know.
My sister and I have almost identical voices, especially on the phone.
9. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would it be?
Honestly? My husband, my daughter and grandfather who died long before I was born.
10. If you could have a different career, other than what you're doing now, what would it be?
Probably a teacher of elementary kids. Preferably fourth grade. Or possibly a children's book author although I might still do that one!