Around 4:45 a.m. Tuesday morning a security guard noticed smoke coming from Cycle Springs Powersports located on the 29000 Block of US 19.
No one was injured in the blaze, but an investigation is underway into what sparked it.
The owners declined to speak with ABC Action News but crews confirmed the showroom survived the fire with only minor smoke damage.
The storage facility, where it's believed the fire started, was in bad shape.
Ron Neuberger, Assistant Clearwater Fire Marshall, also pointed to a boat parked outside that was charred to a crisp.
When asked if they had any indications of how it started so early in the morning, Neuberger said it's a repair shop and there is gas and oil all over the place.
He added the materials inside made the fire a nuisance to get under control.
"With all of the fiberglass and plastics from the boats and water skis, as well as everything else inside there, it creates a challenge because of the material it's burning. So, it did keep the crews going quite a bit," said Neuberger.
He estimated it took more than three dozen crew members a half an hour to get the fire under control.
Plenty of investigators were still on the scene four hours after the fire started, snapping pictures and looking around trying to draw some conclusions into what started it.
The trysts inside the storage bay were damaged, but there was not a serious concern of the building collapsing.