Summer is the perfect time to pair locally grown fruits and spirits for a cool refreshing adult beverage. Try making Big Storm’s Strawberry Heat Wave by combining strawberries and Big Storm Vodka. Add 3 teaspoons of whole black peppercorns and 2 ounces of Simple Syrup with 750ml of Big Storm Vodka and 3 cups of fresh sliced strawberries - then let it age for three days in the fridge for a fantastic drink.
Learn more at www.bigstormbrewery.com.
Recipe for drink featured in segment:
Big Storm’s Strawberry Heat Wave
- 3 teaspoons of whole black peppercorns
- 3 cups of fresh sliced strawberries - local preferred.
- 2 ounces of Simple Syrup
- 750ml of Big Storm Vodka
1. Combine all ingredients into a 1 Liter vessel - preferably something with a lid. Stir vigorously and seal vessel.
2. Place sealed vessel in a dark and cold place for a minimum of 3 days. Occasionally shake and stir ingredients to ensure blending and infusion.
3. After desired length of infusion, transfer liquid out of infusion jar and into a new vessel straining the liquid over a coffee filter to remove all organic materials.
Straight Up: simply service over ice in a rocks glass. 40% ABV, enjoy responsibly.
Spritzer: mix 2oz of infused vodka and 12oz of favorite carbonated beverage (soda or water) over ice in a pint glass. 5.7% ABV, enjoy responsibly.