Sandra shares some of her favorites.
Still need convincing? Below are some fun facts about one of our nation’s favorite red wines:
- The name Pinot Noir comes from the French words “pine” and “black,” a reference to the pine-cone shape of its clusters on the vine and the color of the grapes.
- Burgundy, France, has long been the spiritual home of Pinot Noir, where it historically produces some of the best single-varietal wines in the world. But New World Wine Regions such as Williamette, Oregon is producing great competition!
- Pinot Noir typically does better in cooler climates, as its trademark acidity, delicacy, and finesse disappear in warmer and hot weather.
- A Thanksgiving favorite, Pinot Noir is often highly sought after as it is light enough to be enjoyed on the hottest summer days, as well as the coldest winter days.
- The most common mistake about Pinot Noir is the serving temperature - don't be shy about chilling it, particularly in these unpredictable summer & fall months.
About Sandra Guibord
Sandra Guibord is the Founder and CEO of Sandra's Wine Life, a multi-media wine lifestyle and wine industry resource platform that celebrates selecting and enjoying wines for entertaining. Sandra is also a sought-after corporate wine educator, working with top corporations to educate and entertain their VIP clients and executives.