Wood-Grilled Dry-Rubbed Pork Chop with Braised Red Cabbage
Wood Grilled Dry-Rubbed Pork Chop
2 tbsp. Ground Coriander, toasted
2 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
4 Pork Chops, Frenched
4 tbsp. Honey
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat
2. Add seasonings, one by one, into a bowl and combine to make the dry rub
3. Season the pork chops on each side with the dry rub.
4. Massage the seasoning into the chops.
5. Place the pork chops on the preheated grill and cook for about five minutes
6. Flip and repeat until chops are cooked to medium, about another five minutes
7. While the pork chops are grilling, place the whole lemons on a cooler part of the grill to heat.
8. Once the Pork is ready, remove from the grill allow to rest for two to three minutes.
9. While the pork is resting remove the lemons from the grill carefully, the juice will be extremely hot.
10. To make the glaze: combine juice from the lemons with honey and stir
11. Drizzle over pork chop.
12. Serve immediately
Braised Red Cabbage
2 tbsp. Butter, cubed
10 cups Shredded Red cabbage
¼ cup Red Wine
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 cup Golden Raisins
1 ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
¼ tsp. Black Pepper, ground
1. Melt the cubed butter in a large pot on high heat.
2. Add shredded red cabbage and cook until starts to wilt, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and add the remaining ingredients.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Cover with lid and braise for 15 minutes, stirring about halfway through.
6. Serve hot.