Michelle's Packing Tips:
Decide what size suitcase you need.
· If you want to use a carry-on size, the limit for TSA carry on is 22” X 14 X 9” including handle and wheels.
· You can bring one carry on suitcase and one personal bag. I usually pack a small purse so I can maximize my carry on personal bag with more items I need for my trip.
· The personal bag must fit in an overhead or underneath the seat in front of you.
· You are allowed to bring a quart sized bag of liquids, creams, aerosols and gels in your carry-on bag through the security check point. The travel sized containers must be 3.4 ounces or less. Otherwise, they have to go in a checked bag.
· If you are going to check your liquids in your suitcase, I suggest placing them in a ziplock bag or a travel case that will protect your clothing should anything leak during your travels.
Lay out the items you want to pack with you and then edit!
· A few days before your trip, lay out everything you want to bring with you on your bed or better yet on a clothes rack. Then edit! Start pulling out what you don’t really need.
· Pack items that mix and match, neutral colors as well as items you can layer rather than big bulky sweaters or jackets.
· Wear your bulkiest items on the plane. Boots, winter coat, etc.
· Roll your clothing
· Wrap clothes in plastic or separate with tissue paper
· Use shoe covers
· Bring a bag for laundry