2 Tablespoons Champagne vinegar
3 teaspoons honey
2 Bosc pears, firm but ripe (try not to pick the very big ones)
¼ cup blue cheese
4 cups field greens
¼ cup Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe below)
¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Generously coat the inside of an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Stir together champagne vinegar and honey. Cut pears in half lengthwise, and scoop out the core from each half with a spoon. Brush all over with the vinegar-honey mixture, and place face down in the coated baking pan. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, until softened. Remove from oven, and flip pears over so the cut side is facing up. Baste with more vinegar-honey mixture, and fill the hollowed-out core of each pear half with 1 Tablespoon of blue cheese. Return to the oven and cook for 5 more minutes, until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. While pears are roasting, make the Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe below).
4. To plate, toss the greens with most of the Champagne Vinaigrette, keeping a couple teaspoons back. Divide dressed greens between two chilled salad plates, and arrange two roasted pear halves on top of each. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle pear halves with remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced shallot
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
You can find new recipes every weekend morning at 6:00 a.m. on ABC Action News and on the
Live Well Network.