1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 -inch slices
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ cup real maple syrup
Pinch ground cinnamon
1. Boil carrots in a large amount of salted water until they are tender. Test by piercing a piece of carrot with a paring knife.
2. Remove from water and plunge into ice water. Drain and reserve until needed. They can be cooked one day ahead of time and kept refrigerated.
3. Place maple syrup in sauté pan and bring to a boil. Cook until the syrup reduces by half of its original volume.
4. Add butter and cook for another minute.
5. Add carrots and toss them with the butter and reduced syrup. Sauté for several minutes or until the carrots are hot. Season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Serve.