TAMPA BAY - With storm watches and warnings in effect due to Tropical Storm Andrea, here is a list of power outages, schedule changes, closures and cancelations for area schools and businesses.
- Gandy Bridge
- Northbound Bayshore Boulevard is closed between Bay-to-Bay and Platt Street due to high water.
Southbound Bayshore remains open.
There's a strong possibility that Bayshore will remain closed through the afternoon and into the evening commuter period.
- US 19 south of Belleair - The Florida Department of Transportation has closed the southbound outside lane of US 19 south of Allen's Creek (south of Belleair) for construction repairs. Motorists can expect congestion in this area until this lane is reopened. Please call the Public Information Office at (813) 975-6060 with any questions.
There are several hundred Duke Energy Customers without power:
- 542 in Gulfport
- 251 in Lealman
- 283 in South Pasadena
- 110 in Seminole
There are some smaller patches of outages spotted across Pinellas County, including Treasure Island, St. Pete Beach and Indian Rocks Beach.
A number of flights have been delayed due to Tropical Storm Andrea.
Click this link for updated scheduled changes to arriving flights here: http://tampaairport.com/flights/evids/search_evids.asp
Click here for departing flights: http://tampaairport.com/flights/evids/search_evids.asp
- Manatee County Schools has canceled all after school activities scheduled for Thursday, expect after school daycare programs, due to Tropical Storm Andrea.
Parents with students in after-school programs are asked to pick up their children at the normal time. Manatee School buses may also be delayed due to the weather.
- Stetson University College of Law campuses are closing at 4 p.m. and all day and evening classes are cancelled at the Gulfport campus at 1401 61st St. S. and Tampa Law Center at 1700 N. Tampa St. on Thursday, June 6, as a precaution to Tropical Storm Andrea.
- University of Tampa - Due to inclement weather conditions associated with Tropical Storm Andrea, The University of Tampa will close today, Thursday, June 6, 2013, at 4:30 p.m.
- Hillsborough, Polk and Manatee County Public Schools have not announced any school or business closings. Stay with ABC Action News abcactionnews.com for updates.
- Clearwater Beach Conditions Deteriorate Due To Tropical Storm Andrea
Red flags, which mean there is a high hazard or high surf, are flying at all Clearwater lifeguard towers.
Surf conditions will worsen as the day progresses, said Patrick Brafford, water safety supervisor for the City. There is a high risk of rip tides, especially later in the day as the tide and wind direction changes.
The area on Clearwater Beach between Tower 3 and Pier 60 is closed to swimming because of the strong current pushing toward the Pier. It will remain closed the rest of the day. A double red flag is flying in that area.
High tide is at 10:55 this morning. Surf conditions are expected to worsen as winds shift from southeast to southwest as Andrea moves north in the Gulf of Mexico.
Swimming is not advised in any areas.
The graduation ceremony for Lakewood High School students will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the First Baptist Church on 1900 Gandy Boulevard in St. Petersburg. Students are asked to arrive by 5:30 p.m. for a walkthrough practice.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is closed today due to Tropical Storm Andrea.