After the storm has passed, we may experience flooding and/or lightning dangers. Here are some tips on how to keep your safety to a maximum.
- Do not walk or drive through flowing water.
- Do not swim or dive in flooded canals or underpasses.
- Do not touch power lines and electrical wires.
- Be alert for gas leaks.
- Relocate possessions to your highest floor.
- Stay or go indoors.
- Stay away from anything that could conduct electricity.
- Do not use any plug-in electrical appliances.
- Stay in your car if you are traveling.
- Do not use metal objects outside, like fishing rods or golf clubs.
- Stay out of the water.
- If you can’t find shelter during the storm, avoid the tallest object in the area.
- If you feel a electrical charge, drop to the ground immediately.