TAMPA BAY - EMERGENCIES:
- FHP: All uniformed FHP personnel, including those normally assigned to administrative duties, are patrolling interstates and major state roads through 8 AM July 5. If you have car trouble on an interstate or otherwise need assistance from FHP to dial *FHP (*347) from your cell. FHP urges motorists to contact FHP or local law enforcement officials to report an impaired, aggressive or dangerous driver. Callers may remain anonymous.
- TAMPA -- The TECO Line Streetcar System will extend its schedule and operate Noon to 11 PM. Spectators of Channelside's Spectacular Fireworks show scheduled at 9 PM can park in Ybor City and take the Streetcar to Channelside.
- HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY -- HART local bus routes, HARTFlex in Brandon and Northdale, and HARTPlus will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY -- NO SERVICE: Express and Limited Express Routes; HARTFlex in South County, South Tampa and Town 'N Country; In-Town Trolley (Route 96)
- HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY -- HART customer service centers at University Area Transit Center and Marion Transit Center will be open 7 AM - 5 PM (HART on Franklin will be closed)
- PINELLAS COUNTY -- PSTA operating on a holiday schedule.
- ST. PETERSBURG -- The Looper Trolley always offers free service between The Pier, BayWalk and the
Chamber of Commerce Visitors Information Center. More information on additional Looper Trolley routes and fares, as well as the Central Avenue Trolley (between downtown and Pass-A-Grille) is here.
- BEACHES -- Jolley Trolley -- service to and from the beaches is free on July 4th. The route travels between between Clearwater Beach and Downtown Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Tarpon Springs. Click here for Jolley Trolley website.
- PASCO COUNTY -- PCPT is not operating today.
- Per FDOT, no interstate construction through Thursday evening.
- Suncoast Parkway remains northbound closed in Hernando County, between SR-50 and US-98, due to flooding from T.S. Debby. US-19 is alternate route. Southbound lanes reopened Wednesday morning.
EVENTS & ROAD CLOSURES:
Tampa -- Channelside. Party starts at 1 PM. Live music, 1 PM-11 AM. Fireworks at 9 PM. Viewing of the Fireworks from the Wharf Area will be limited the first 3,000 people. Wristbands will be given out for access at the Garrison Street Gate at 7 PM. Parking: garage across street from complex, in lots between Channelside and Tampa Bay Times Forum, or take TECO Streetcar from downtown Tampa or Ybor City.
Plant City -- Free admission, entertainment, concessions and fireworks at Larson Softball Fourplex (Plant City Stadium, 1810 East Park Rd.). Parking opens at 5:45 PM. Fireworks begin at 9 PM.
Clearwater -- Memorial Causeway CLOSED between Gulfview Blvd & Ft. Harrison, 8-11 PM. Detour: Belleair Beach Cswy.
Clearwater -- Bright House Network's Clearwater Celebrates America, 4-10 PM, Coachman Park, 301 Drew St. Free event includes music (starting at 7:30 PM), children's activities (5-9 PM) and fireworks (9:30 PM).
St. Pete Beach – Annual fireworks display begins at dark and will be launched from a barge in the Gulf of Mexico, west of the Pinellas County Park & Beach Access, 4700 Gulf Blvd. Normal beach and parking ordinances will be in effect.
St. Petersburg -- 4th of July Extravaganza at The Pier beginning at noon and includes live music, entertainers, dancing and concessions. Fireworks begin at 9 PM.
Belleair Bluffs -- Independence Day Picnic, 11 AM-1 PM, Belleair Bluffs Community Center and Park, 2747 Sunset Blvd., Belleair Bluffs. Free food, entertainment including bounce house and dunk tank.
Kenneth City -- Independence Day Parade at 11 AM, starting at 62 nd St N & 54 th Ave. Festival at Kenneth City Community Hall, 4600 58th St. N. following the parade until 2 PM.
Largo -- 4 th of July Celebration begins at 6 PM at Largo Central Park, 101 Central Park Dr. On-site parking available for $5. Park and walk will also be available from Largo Middle School and Largo High School. Fireworks at 9:15 PM.
Safety Harbor -- 4 th of July parade, hosted by Auxiliary Unit of The American Legion Post 238, begins at 10 AM and will travel down Main St., from 2 nd Ave N. to 9 th Ave. N.
Treasure Island -- All American July 4 th Celebration, Noon-9 PM on the beach behind Bilmar Beach Resort, 10650 Gulf Blvd. Live music, vendors, watermelon-eating contest and hot-dog eating contest. Free event. Paid beach parking available at 112th Ave. & Gulf Blvd.
Sarasota – Bayfront Fireworks Spectacular, Bayfront Island Park at the Marina. Fireworks begin around 9 PM and are free to view from downtown Sarasota, as well as Bayfront and Island Parks.
Sarasota –Tropical 4 th of July at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 811 S. Palm Ave., 6-9:30 PM. The fundraiser includes reggae music, food, drinks, face painting, kids' activities and fireworks. Tickets are $17 for members, $20 for non-members and member guests, and free for children ages 11 and
Siesta Key – 22 nd Annual 4 th of July Fireworks Celebration, sponsored by the Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce. Fireworks begin at 9 PM. Viewing is free along Midnight Pass Rd., Siesta Key Village and along Crescent Beach. VIP packages that include preferred viewing for the 20-minute-long fireworks display are available.
Venice – Fireworks shot from South Jetty beginning at sunset and can be viewed from any Venice or Nokomis beach and many other areas in town. The South Jetty is closed Wednesday, and Tarpon Center Dr. is closed to all but local traffic this afternoon.
North Port – North Port High School Freedom Festival, 6-10 PM, 6400 W. Price Blvd. Free admission, family-friendly entertainment and concessions. Fireworks begin at approximately 9:05 PM.
Englewood – Lemon Bay Rotary Cajun Festival, 11 AM-9 PM at Garret Park. Includes fireworks.
Anna Maria Island – 26 th Annual Sandbar Fireworks Spectacular begins after dark on Anna Maria Island's north end. Viewing is free to the public.
Palmetto – Independence Day Celebration begins at 5 PM at Lamb and Sutton Park with live entertainment, food, kids' activities and a fireworks display over the water near the Palmetto Fishing Pier around 9:30 PM.